Saturday, March 7, 2009

Teff Waffles

A couple of months ago I bought Teff flour for my Ethiopian Christmas meal. Teff is an Ethiopian grain that is used to make injera, which is like a large, slightly sour (in a good way) yummy crepe that accompanies Ethiopian dishes. My first try with Teff didn't work out so well. So this morning I tried again and made Teff waffles. This time I had more luck.











5 comments:

Ryane said...

Those waffles look yummy! I LOVE waffles and have been really craving them lately.

Love your blog too :)

Ryane
(who will be marking six months on the Gladney wait list on Monday)

Jessika said...

I think Baby Barto will be very luck to have parents who try to incorporate Ethiopian culture into their (and his) life as often as possible. :)

And those waffles look yummy!

los cazadores said...

That looks really good and creative. Teff waffles. In a word: yum.

Cindy

Elisabeth said...

That is really cool!!

paige said...

Can you share the recipe? My own habesha girl is gluten free. Teff waffles sound perfect for her.


Teff is supposed to be great for pie crust too, btw.