Friday, May 15, 2009

I should be sleeping...

It's late and I'm tired. But my mind is a whir of activity. So much to do in the next week. Packing, shopping, repacking, more shopping, checking off lists and double checking everything.


On top of the trip and the parenting thing, I have to wrap up my school year a few weeks early. Tuesday is my last day of teaching, for a bit. I've decided to take some time off to be home with Buturo. In the next three days, I need to pack up my classroom, leave sub plans, say good-byes, finish up paperwork... The end of the school year is usually time for reflection and planning for next year. In the rush of everything, I don't think it has totally hit me that I won't be going back in the fall.
Tonight I created a "staging area" for packing, and I felt triumphant as I realized Buturo actually has enough clothes for a week (it seems). Target was a bit overwhelming on Tuesday as I tried to figure out his size. I had to consult with my darling Janis and we decided he probably is a 2T (at 25lbs). She also pointed out I needed to get him some shoes. I'm sure I would have thought of this at some point, but it hadn't made it onto the list yet. On Saturday I'm doing a major shop with my sister-in-law and mother of 4. She started rattling off things I need to buy, and we realized it would be easier if we just went out together.



Self Portrait: Overwhelmed at Target


Clothes!!!!!

Cheers

Sleep tight


P.S. If you would like me to take photos of your little one, please e-mail me a picture of your sweetie at livewithlaughter @ hotmail.com Also we could take care packages, but they would have to get here ASAP. Let me know.

3 comments:

Eastiopians said...

LOL...love the face! Wow, what a whirlwind of things to do. That is wonderful that you are taking time off with your little man. Happy shopping this weekend! Boy shoes are sooooo cute. Will you promise to get him a little pair of Converse sneakers? :)

Theresa

Adoption Cubed said...

It does sound like your mind is in a whirl taking care of this and that! Deep breaths! May your lists continue to be checked off, may all you clothes fit nicely in your luggage, may the days pass quickly to take-off but long enough to fill like things are getting accomplished, may you get some rest!!!
Rebecca

Jessika said...

Almost Thursday! :)