Wednesday, February 11, 2009

update

On Monday we received a new picture and update on Baby Barto. He is so adorable in this new photo. In his referral pictures he was quite serious, so it was nice to see his goofy grin.

I have his pictures on my computer and at my desk at school, so my students have been very curious. Some of their questions/comments have been super sweet and some have provided some teachable moments about tact (seventh graders don't really filter things before speaking). And it's a good opportunity to throw in a little world geography in the middle of Texas history. I love any reason to pull down the map or get out the globe.

4 comments:

Farmboy and Buttercup said...

It is such a gift to get a new picture. Glad you got to see him with a goofy grin, too!

Hang in there until the end of April!

Eastiopians said...

Wonderful! I can't wait to see his sweet face, and I am so happy for you. btw, I am also a globe and map freak. I have a mini globe on my desk and a map on my blog. I also have a globe in my living room that has been turned to show Africa since we decided to adopt. Our world is an amazing place and I like to look at it. :) I love that you are using teachable moments with your kids when they say not so pc things...you are an amazing teacher to use positive ways of teaching on difficult or odd moments.

Theresa

Jessika said...

I'd like to point out that if things go smoothly, you might be WITH Baby Barto on Mother's Day this year. :) If not, he's sure to be a wonderful post-MD day gift.

kn said...

Thanks for your comment on my blog. How lovely a little boy will soon be coming home. Your comment was very sweet and I think will be such a lovely thread from his first home/family to yours.