Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Peter & the Wolf

After the marching band, Turo's second obsession is Peter and the Wolf. My mom gave him some old tapes from when I was little and one of them has the Disney version of on it. Then she found a Sesame Street DVD where Baby Bear goes to see the concert and Elmo is Peter. And we have Sting's narration of it on the Ipod. Plus there are multiple videos on youtube. We listen to some version of it at least three times a day. Turo can recite chunks of the story and can sing sections of the score.

A couple of weekends ago my mom came down to stay while Jose was out of town and brought the cast with her.

Turo as Peter

Getting ready to capture the wolf

The whole crew: Peter, duck, wolf, bird and cat

Turo loves his grandma! (And so do I!)

3 comments:

Julie said...

Soooooooo cute!

mama bee said...

And as an unbiased witness, I can personally vouch for how much that grandma loves that boy! She was so excited about this project, and is so excited about your trip in a few weeks!! So cute, your little man is SO handsome!!

Virginia said...

I Loved Peter and the Wolf as a kid, too. A few years ago I found a version with Patrick Stewart narrating it. Awesome.