Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Voting

Jose and I voted last weekend. They have early voting here in Texas, which is pretty great. You can vote at any early site anywhere in the county. How handy is that? I looked at my electronic ballot several times just to take it in. To reflect on what my vote meant for me and for our country (no matter the outcome it has been an important election season). I left the polling site giddy thinking about the possibility of what could be...

I know that not everyone will cast a ballot similiar to mine (especially here). But that's the beauty of voting. We each get to make our own decision as to who we think will best represent us, our families, our communities and our country.



I made Jose take my picture after we voted. I know I'm a dork.


Why it's hard to live in Texas some days...
In the middle of week 15.

2 comments:

mksaylor said...

I can't wait to be a part of teaching little Baby Barto about cool stuff like diversity and human rights and protesting injustice and traveling and languages and wow I just keep getting more and more excited about the possibilities.

Do you think Jose would let me take Baby Barto to Palestine when he is like 4 or 5 so he can learn Arabic? After that they can't learn so easily and it would be super fun! He can ride camels and pet the goats in the village!

Just the fact that you and Jose are aware of the race issue will go a long ways. I will say this, I have never felt whiter, yet more loved and accepted and wanted than in Palestine. Its the love part that matters.

Sparkz said...

It was nice to early vote. I love Texas and its choices!